Many, if not all of the scripts and documents on this page are in Adobe PDF format. If you do not have this program, it is available free by clicking the icon to the right.
Following are scripts used on our various nets.
The various forms and documents needed from time to time by ARES Officials and Members are listed below:
- ICS-205, Radio Communications Plan - Frequencies for use in emergencies
- ICS-213, EMA-style Radiogram - Use this form for non-NTS traffic to be delivered during a drill, exercise, or actual event, it has a place for a reply, too!
- SCARES Repeater Down Handout - All NCSs should print a copy of this document, detailed procedures for handling a "repeater down".
- ARES Registration Form - To be recognized as an ARES Team Member, please complete this form, click the "Submit via E-mail" button at the bottom of the form, and e-mail it back to EC at sc-ares dot org. Note: If Google Chrome is your browser, please right-click on the ARES Registration Form link, select "Save Link As...", and save the form to your desktop or other location. Double-click on the saved document to complete it. Thanks!
- Net Control Report - A helpful aid for Net Control Stations to record check-ins, and note Traffic, announcements, swap shop items, etc.
- ARRL Radiogram with ARL Numbered Messages - A single ARRL radiogram with all the ARL numbered messages and convenient handling instructions guide
- NTS Cheat Sheet - A handy single-sheet guide to all aspects of handling traffic in the NTS system
- Alabama Section ARES Emergency Communications Plan - Provides formal guidelines for use in case of a disaster in Alabama
- ARES Field Resources Manual - A quick trainer and field resource guide for the Emergency Communicator
- ARES Manual
- ARRL Public Service Communications Manual